Before commenting something offtopic.Is this Famale Japaanese group popular in Singapore?Now to my off topic comment:allow me to cut and paste from DJB's blog:Hi DJB,I tried commenting on your entry in Filipino Voices:(Tabon Man),but somehow it was lost in the spam filter blackhole.Anyways, it was addressed by the succeeding comments.I read this somewhere,it was Rizal who first called us Filipino, per Ambeth Ocampo.I would also want to share something I heard in some round table discussions concerning this crisis.Some retired general said that by the time of Jabidah massacre, the MNLF was already fully armed and well trained.That's new even to some older retired generals including my dad.About The so called migration of the visayans, they talked about the Ilagas, since they were forced to surrender their arms and with the MNLF retaining their arms, they targetted the whole family they attacked while the family except the breadwinner is having dinner.In short I agree in some of the points CVJ raised, but I also agree with what you said that we are all Indios.As to the tabon man, since some say that the Java Man are Homo Sapien instead of Homo Erectus,should they be considered first inhabitants of Indonesia?And about the influx of Christians in Mindanao,maybe CVJ was forgetting that Rizal was jailed in Dapitan in Zamboanga del Norte.By early 1900 Mindanao was composed of 76% muslims. The rest is a mixture of Christians and Lumads.I would hazard a guess that majority of that remaining 24 percent were Christians.(Got it from UNDP)Although I am not disputing that there were migrants,many of my relatives from my mother's side migrated to Davao.Not all of them were from the Visayas,most were from Luzon.=========================Best regards Chuck================pwede humabol dun sa Chamberlain topic dito.maybe another reason for chamberlain not to go to war aside from war fatigue is that he was dying at that time.Six months after he resigned, he was still an adviser to Churchill for the war but unfortunately he have to resign again because he was terminally ill. he died of cancer in 1940,six months after his being replaced by Churchill.===============best regards
Pasensya ka na sa phrasing ko me mali na naman sa bandang dulo.Dapat yung six months after he resigned ay:after he resigned as PM, he was assigned as an aviser to Churchill for the war.
Hi Karl, i don't think so since the above performance was from 1991. It was a team-up between Chisato Moritaka (the one in miniskirt) and the band Princess Princess. Both have since retired.Regarding DJB's statement that 'we are all indios', what would be the basis for your agreement? It's a term used by the Spaniards to refer to the native inhabitants of their domain. The Moros were never under their domain and in fact, the term 'Moro' was also a designation by the Spaniards. The fact that Rizal was exiled in Dapitan, which was under Spanish control, does not negate the existence of separate Sultanates in other areas of Mindanao which were independent of Spanish control.Regarding who is the majority in the Davao area, this map which i initially saw in Manolo's blog entry indicates that the dominant ethnic group are the Cebuanos.(Apologies about the spam filter over at FV but that also happens to me. Akismet has a mind of its own.)Thanks for info on Chamberlain. If you don't mind, i'll update my blog entry with your info.
I forgot, Indios does not include your pet peeve:"the elites". btw,please double check on the info I gave about chamberlain,just to be sure.all the best.
now on the band:matagal na pala sila.ako:from the different theme songs of the giant robot series. parang pare-pareho tono nila.
Karl (at 7:29AM), one problem i have with the 'indio' category is that it confuses economic distinctions with racial distinctions. For example, in the case of the Negros hacenderos:"A chasm divided the Negrense hacendero families socially and economically from their workers. Some physical distinctions may have surfaced to separate the planter class from its more 'indio-looking' help, but such differentiation was more likely a matter of social perception than of empirical reality. No clear racial division such as that between the Carribean white planter and the black field hand or the migrant Hawaiian kanaka and the Australian planter existed. The gulf in Negros remained social, economic, and increasingly, cultural." - from John A Larkin, Sugar and the Origins of Modern Philippine SocietyAs i told DJB, the use of the category 'Indio' (apart from the Spaniard's original usage), obscures rather than clarifies.
Ok Chuck, Till then!
'til then pala.
Post a Comment