Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tag Response: Eight Random Facts About Me

I've been tagged by Sparks. Here are the rules for “8 facts”:
  • In the 8 facts about [name], you share 8 things that your readers don’t know about you. At the end, you tag 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going. Each blogger must post these rules first.
  • Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • At the end of the post, a blogger needs to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here is mine (in chronological order):

Fact #1: I've had trouble sleeping early (and waking up early) since i was a kid. (Early in my career, i almost got fired because of this.)
Fact #2: I do not follow sporting events.
Fact #3: I hate shopping (except for books or music cd's). It drains me of my life force.
Fact #4: I took up Accounting in College, but i've worked in Information Technology all throughout my working life. I did so in part because i wanted to be were the action is and not just be a scorekeeper. Only later did i realize that scorekeeping is the game and in the business world at least, IT professionals exist mainly to serve Accountants.
Fact #5: I once accidentally deleted the payroll file of the Philippine National Police (PNP).
Fact #6: I read only non-fiction books. I estimate that it will take me at least twenty years to go through my collection (more than 800 so far).
Fact #7: I don't mind eating with other people, but on normal days, i prefer eating alone.
Fact #8: I sleep with the lights and tv on, even if the tv is outside my room.

I'm tagging the following eight bloggers:

Jaxius
Torn and Frayed
Village Idiot Savant
Tingog
Manila Bay Watch
Arbet
Schumey
Peryodistang Pinay

9 comments:

sparks said...

I too couldn't sleep in complete silence. But since I got here, and I don't have a TV in my room, I've had to learn to sleep without it. Why don't you put your TV on "sleep" timer? Sayang sa kuryente.

Unknown said...

Hey...me too, I always sleep with the lights and TV on in hotel room when I am on business trip. Can't do it at home as my wife will surely complain... :(

cvj said...

Hi Sparks, i don't want it to be completely quiet in case i wake up before the sun rises.

Hi Victor, i completely understand what you mean:-) BTW, i'm in the area this week.

MBW said...

Hi cvj,

Done!

http://manila-bay-watch.blogspot.com/2007/07/tagging-and-8-random-facts-about-myself.html

Thanks!

Jaxius said...

cvj,

Hi! Thanks to you and MBW for tagging me. I followed the "8 facts" rule. However, I don't know whether I can tag 8 others because I'd either tag back those who tagged me or the blogs I read some of which have expressed their aversion to this kind of thing. Either way, the trail ends with me.

More power to you...

Anonymous said...

Already did this, so I had updated the post to comply with this meme.

sparks said...

I read you were referred to as Chad somewhere. Then I read over at Dom you're Chuck. Ano ba talaga kuya? :)

cvj said...

Hi Sparks, it's Chuck.

Isolde Amante said...

Hi! Thanks for the tag. I can relate to having trouble falling asleep early, but I find that certain school assignments help. Rain too.

Cheers,
Isolde