- Reelected speaker Jose de Venecia (JDV) relaunches the initiative for Charter Change towards a Unicameral Parliamentary system.
- To get the cooperation of the Senate, JDV approaches the opposition Senators offering his Party's (Lakas-CMD) support for Gloria's impeachment.
- Gloria is impeached. Noli de Castro takes over.
- The House and Senate votes to change to a hybrid Presidential-Parliamentary model with powers divided among the two.
- The proposed revision is approved in a Plebiscite.
- Noli de Castro stays on as President under the new constitution and JDV becomes Prime Minister.
- A few months later, JDV suffers a no-confidence vote and Chiz Escudero takes over as Prime Minister.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Speculation on a Post-GMA Scenario
Here's one possible sequence of events leading to a post-GMA scenario: